- 1 Dr. Amy Ramos, 2017 Luncheon Speaker
- 2 2017 Award Recipients (see Past Winners)
- 3 Mouhamad Diallo, Poster Presenter and McNair Scholar (2017 Symposium)
- 4 Alex Litvin (2017 Oral Presenter)
- 5 Dr. Bill Graves, Dean of the Graduate College (2017 Symposium)
- 6 Dr. J. Adin Mann, Workshop Presenter (2017 Symposium)
- 7 2017 Planning Committee Members (L-R): Jen Major, Nichelle'Le Carrington, and Liz Carino
- 8 Dr. George Jackson, Former Assistant Dean of the Graduate College and Founder of the GMAP Program
George A. Jackson Research Symposium
(formerly GMAP Research Symposium)
Saturday, April 25, 2020
Registration will open January 2020!
In the fall of 2006, three graduate students accepted the challenge of planning and carrying out the very first GMAP Research Symposium to highlight the research contributions of underrepresented students receiving GMAP funding. The inaugural symposium was held on Saturday, February 10, 2007. With support from the Graduate College, the Symposium has become an annual event planned for and by a committee of graduate students. Students are invited to present research in all stages, from planning to publishing. The symposium provides an opportunity to present research in a more “relaxed” environment, engage in fruitful discussion, net-work, and gain presenting experience.
In the fall of 2019, the planning committee unanimously decided to rename the Symposium to honor the legacy of Dr. George A. Jackson, former Assistant Dean of the Graduate College (1994-2009). The first George A. Jackson Research Symposium will be held on Saturday, April 25, 2020. The Symposium represents Dr. Jackson's early backing of the students in 2006 as well as his overall commitment to supporting students in the attainment of their educational goals.
“Know your own talents and surround yourself with people who can help maximize your talents and minimize your limitations.” – George A. Jackson